January 14, 2015

Chok Kar Chong Cafe 粥家庄

Location: Tabuan Jaya, 93350 Kuching, Sarawak (behind C121 Food Station)


Some days you may want to have something light and soupy, porridge will always be the best choice. Chok Kar Chong Cafe is located somewhere behind C121 coffee shop, area within Statuong wet market. This is my first visit to Chok Kar Chong, surprisingly they have wide variety and I took sometime to decide. To be safe, I ordered their signature dish, Zhu Chap Moi (pork intestine is my preference for porridge) and my friend had the minced meat porridge.






Be spoilt for choice! I would like to try their Fish Head Bihun and Lou Shu Fun next time.




My Zhu Chap Moi looks ordinary when served. I asked the waiter what's the difference between porridge and moi. As explained by him, moi is more watery and clear, while porridge is thicker.




This is my favourite. The portion is ideal size for one. I ordered century egg to go with my moi. Without it, I feel like something is missing.




My friend's minced meat porridge. After tasted, she prefers Min Feng Hao's minced meat congee. But I guess her porridge would taste better with peanuts.





Overall, I quite like their moi. As personal preference, I like the porridge with clearer soup. Next time I would like to try their Lou Shu Fan. It looks appealing in the menu.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...