February 6, 2015

MAIU @ Bandar Mahkota Cheras, Selangor

Address: No. 41, Jln Temenggong 21/9, Bdr Mahkota Cheras, 43200 Cheras, Selangor
Tel: +6o3-90100777


Last year October, I googled Cheras Japanese food. MAIU was on top of the result list. After reading some reviews from their Facebook page, some bad and good. We decided to give it a try. Walked in and found out they serve buffet, of course they do have ala carte too but as compared to the price, my friend decided to go for buffet as the value is more worthy. I doubted our stomach capacity. 

2014 pricing: Adult RM48.80+, Children RM25.80+ (subject to Tax and Service Charges).




Looking at the menu, so many choices.. we were so tempted to choose every dish. I don't think it is achievable. Choose wisely! The most expensive ones! Yay, right... But still we were so full (nearly puke) after second round.








Itako Kyuli (Octopus)




Kani Salad. I quite like this salad. The vege is fresh and the sauce is sour, good for those who are on diet.




Salmon Skin Salad. I love its crispy salmon skin.




Salmon & Shiro Maguro. Initially I was quite skeptical about the quality of food a buffet will serve. Surprisingly, they serve fresh sashimi with thick slice. 




Inari Sushi. Never my favourite but friend wanted. Taste nothing special. If go for buffet, better don't choose this rather ordinary dish.





I doubt why we ordered Onion Rings? The boss (who pays the bill) made the decision.




I am a mushroom lover. So I asked for it.




Maguro Tempura. I guess he picked this because of the "thumb up" next to the tick box.




Salmon. Taste ordinary.




Soft Shell Crab Hand Rolls




Salmon Skin Maki, Crunchy Salmon Skin Maki and Meteor Maki. 6 pieces each. We were struggling to finish them. Overeating. 




My favourite, Chawanmushi. Taste not so ordinary. Yummy.




Repeat ordered Salmon and Shiro Maguro.




Prawn and vege tempura.




I vividly remember when this Salmon Shioyaki was served,  I was like "Geez! What?! So big!".  I nearly wanted to cry. We were literally "torturing" ourselves to finish it. After this meal, I told my friend, never go for buffet again. We were just too ambitious and overestimate ourselves. Felt so guilty after a heavy meal.




Overall we are satisfied with food quality. The service was good too, they refilled our green tea from time to time. They have two branches. Check out their Facebook page here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...