October 26, 2017

Oriental Park Kolo Mee 东方花园 @Market Lane / Gertak Lane, Kuching

Address: Market Lane or Gertak Lane, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak.
Business hours: Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 11:00am


I have been wanting to try out Oriental Park's kolo mee for long time. Always thought it's not open on Monday so I kept on delaying. Until last Sunday, I searched online and found out they are actually open everyday. I invited my bro to go on next morning. They close at 11am, we reached there around 10:30am.

Oriental Park is quite hidden, its location is not facing the main road. It took me sometime to locate it. The parking space there also very limited. We parked our car at Open Air market, walked less than 5 minutes to reach. If you noticed All Joy Bakery on Jalan Khoo Hun Yeang, Oriental Park is just on the lane behind it.




We sat and waited for them to take our order. The serving time was real fast. My bro commented that the uncle looks slow in motion, but surprisingly the food served fast. The waiting time less than 10 minutes.







I ordered the red kolo mee. So nice that they served with a bowl of soup too. My kolo mee was tasted sweet because of the char siew oil. The texture of the noodles was great, met my expectation. Best is their famous char siew meat, charcoal smell and tastes like "bakkwa", the dried meat.




My bro ordered the big bowl of 'straight' noodles kolo mee without char siew oil. I prefer his one because still not getting used to the sweet taste of kolo mee. There's a price hike again lately, the price of kolo mee has increased to RM4 from RM3.50. A big bowl of this kolo mee costs RM5.50.




This is Market Lane. The lane is narrow, yet the car parked on the road side making it even more challenging to pass through.




The map to Oriental Park:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...