September 19, 2018

Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa 徳普路真善美砂煲叻沙 @Alexandra Village Food Centre, Singapore

Address: Alexandra Village Food Centre, 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, #0-75 Singapore 151120
Business hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00am - 4:00pm, closed on Sunday


Last month, travelled to Singapore for a day to visit my friend. She brought me this place for claypot laksa. I had been reluctantly taking laksa for sometime. Especially having laksa in the morning is really too heavy for me.




When it was my turn, I learnt that the stall is one of the Michelin Bib Gourmand Award Winners. Small bowl S$4, medium bowl S$5, and big bowl S$6. Extra noodle / gravy, charge $0.50. Additional ingredients chicken / fish cake / tau pok / prawn, extra charge S$1 and cockle, charge S$2.  It stated "our laksa is spicy".




I ordered the medium size S$5. And, it was really spicy. The gravy was thick and flavourful. The ingredients portion was pretty generous. However, after a few scoops I hardly could finish it.




My friend ordered this seafood soup from 炎記海鲜湯. The soup base was also flavourful, it was really tasty and the prawn was fresh. But. Its taste is unforgettably thick, it will be good to have it once in a while.




My friend's husband ordered this plate from Lau Phua Chay Authentic Roasted Delicacies 老半齋燒臘. The dark sauce is a good match to the meat, it's sweet though. The meat was surprisingly tender.




The map to Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...