January 12, 2020

China Northeast Cuisine 东北家乡菜 @Jolibee Food Court 美家樂食坊, Chung Lin Park Kuching

Address: 17, Lorong Mendu 1, Chung Lin Park, 93200 Kuching, Sarawak.
Business hours: Operates in evening time, off on every 1st and 15th day lunar month.


This is my first blog post in 2020. I'm still thinking how to do it better since blogging is no longer the trend now. So my objective this year will be mastering videography. I'm still finding the materials to write for my blog. Started last year my post has reduced tremendously because I have put focus on my main business. Travel less and my daily routine is like a loop, nothing special.

Chung Lin Park in Kuching is used to be famous place for massage. There are a number of massage centres here. As their masseuses were mostly from China, the Chinese regional cuisine was also getting started available here. The other day my sister-in-law suggested to try it out as her friends highly recommended a signature dish here.

Jolibee Food Court has revamped. The environment is brighter and more hygienic as compared to before.




This is the stall we patronised. Wide variety of dishes for you to choose from. The business is run by a friendly couple.  They are diligent, only take two days off every month. Rest on the 1st and 15th day of lunar month.




Another vendor also selling Chinese cuisine. Both vendors from different regions.




Another stall behind selling duck wings and necks which are famous as well. I bought duck wings and feet to try out.




The taste of braised duck wings and feet was good, very strong pepper in flavour. It's rather too spicy for me.




The signature boiled meat slices, Shui Zhu Rou Pian 水煮肉片. You can choose the soup base too. I chose Ma La 麻辣, and got them to reduce the spiciness. A bowl of this can be shared for 4 pax. The ingredients contained meat slices, potatoes, mushrooms, beansprouts, cabbage, black fungus, and beancurd.




Stir-fried Eggplants. I usually won't order this because I don't like eggplants. Much to my surprise, this dish is addictive.




回锅肉 translated as twice-cooked meat slices, it's also the signature Sichuan dish. I found the meat slice was kind of hard to chew because it had been cooked twice so the meat was not soft and juicy.









The map to Jolibee Food Court:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...