December 22, 2014

Char Siu Rice at Restoran Uncle Meng, Cheras

Location: Jalan 6/91, Taman Shamelin, Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur


I stayed at Cheras in November so usually hunt food around Cheras area too. Googled nice food in Cheras and this is what I found from other food bloggers with high recommendation: Uncle Meng's Char Siu. We couldn't spot Uncle Meng's signboard until we made the second round of searching.







We ordered roast pork and char siu. I always have zero resistance to roast pork. Normally I will check if the roast pork is lean or fat before ordering. Uncle Meng's roast pork looked very appetizing.






The char siu is nice. The texture is soft and tender. I'm not into char siu actually but I quite like this (surprisingly). Though the meat texture is soft but the fattiness is equally 'generous'. We felt quite 'sick' due to its greasiness. Haaaha.. But overall we both enjoyed the char siu and roast pork.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...