July 22, 2017

Restoran Seng Hing 成興茶餐室 @Sinsuran, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Address: Block G, Lot 10, Sinsuran 2, Sinsuran Complex, 88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Business hours: Monday - Sunday 6:00am - 4:30pm


After the pork noodles at Kim Hing Lee, we made our move to Restoran Seng Hing. It is just a few steps from Kim Hing Lee. As told by my friend's cousin, tuaran mee is available at here too. We don't have to travel far to Tuaran town on purpose. My stomach is 100% full, my friend and her husband still half full as they shared the pork noodles.








They have quite a number of dishes that look appealing. As recommended by my friend's cousin, aside from Tuaran Mee, we also ordered another signature dish, Tom Yam soup. I was quite skeptical of this tom yam soup at first, never thought of having tom yam in other places than Thailand before.




The famous Tuaran Mee is here. Different from my expectation. It's quite dry, the wok-fried aroma is strong too.. or should I say the charred smell is overwhelmed? The noodle itself is harder to chew, not oily. There's another type of noodles originated from Tamparuli town. Tuaran town has Tuaran Mee, Tamparuli has Tamparuli Mee. If got chance to travel KK again, we would want to try it out too. Overall, tuaran mee tastes quite good. Honestly speaking, I can't really appreciate good food when my stomach is in full state.




This is one of their signature dish, Tom Yam. As I mentioned, I was skeptical at first. But I was surprised after tasted the soup. Their tom yam has greater lemongrass aroma, and the higher level of sourness is a plus too. The coconut milk is thick but the aroma is suppressed by lemongrass. The portion is pretty generous and the fish chunks are quite big in size too. I don't know how much this meal costs. My friend's cousin foot the bill.




The map to Restoran Seng Hing:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...