January 4, 2018

Revisit Chop Hing Huong 興園餐室 & Xiu Long Confectionery 小龍餅家, Sibu

Address: 2-40, Jalan Tukang Besi, Pekan Sibu, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak.
Business Hours: Monday - Saturday 6:00am - 5:30pm, Sunday 6:00am - 12:30pm


Last week my family drove to Sibu for my bro's wedding reception. Again we tried to squeeze a time for this famous "ding bian hu" 鼎边糊. I just found out, this is the third post of Chop Hing Huong in my blog. Despite my uncle and aunt in Sibu keep recommending us to try out ding bian hu at other coffee shops, but we are still not convinced. Next post I'll blog the other ding bian hu we've tried.

This time I embedded videos in this post. 




They still do it traditionally, use the stone grinder to grind rice freshly everyday.







Ok, shame on me. I didn't know they sell also Foochow fried noodle and noodle soup. First tried their fried noodle, not bad too. The noodle was wok-fried so it had the charred aroma. The gravy was not as thick, quite watery but flavourful.




While waiting for my food to be served, I always sneak to the next door for their egg cakes. The egg cake should be their signature. We have tried their gong pia / kompia. Not so recommended, as their gong pia is oven machine baked not using the traditional clay oven.




First time I tried this modified version of "Jun Nu Piang", the sweet and soft version of gong pia. The yellow layer on top is butter. I was quite impressed with its taste, it was surprisingly good. It reminds me of Hong Kong's polo bun. But it's best to consume while it's still fresh. The next day the bread would turn harder, the texture gradually deteriorated.





Click HERE to read my first post of Chop Hing Huong.
Click HERE to read my second post of Chop Hing Huong.

The map to Chop Hing Huong:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...