May 19, 2015

Kolo Mee @ Sin Lian Shin 新联成, Green Road, Kuching

Location: 182, Jalan Green, 93150 Kuching, Sarawak
Open daily, except Tuesday. 


Kuchingnites should familiar with Sin Lian Shin. My ex-college mate from Kuching highly recommended as he grew up eating their kolo mee. I can't remember my first visit to Sin Lian Shin, it was quite long time ago. And I didn't go back until I brought my brothers to try it out last month.

Sin Lian Shin is located opposite Green Road Secondary School. Many students would have their breakfast or lunch there before or after school.





Dumplings soup (Kiaw) to be shared with my brothers. Its taste is full of thick dumpling skin aroma.




Some say it is the best Kolo Mee in Kuching. The noodle is "curly", minced pork and char siew slices on top. This is generally how the kolo mee should look like. If you prefer to have the sweet taste of Kolo Mee, you can request them to add in char siew sauce (放红).

It is up to personal preference, I think.. That day the kolo mee I had was rather dry in the center, the seasonings was not blended evenly.




Location of Sin Lian Shin is rather far from town. It takes about 15 minutes drive roughly or more, depends on traffic condition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...