July 16, 2015

Jal Dae Ji Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Korean Village Ampang, KL

B4-1, One Ampang Business Avenue, Jalan Ampang Utama 2/2, 68000 Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-4251 1360
https://www.facebook.com/JalDaeJi


My friends wanted to bring me to try out a Korean restaurant at Korean Village in Ampang. Unfortunately it was not open on Sunday. Instead of wasting time to spin another area for food, we decided to choose any one within the area. Walked and browsed two blocks of building, my friend pushed the decision to me. Okay, I saw a shop appeals attractive to me with a giant smiling face of decorative figure on the column.







The environment is quite cozy and the workers are friendly.




We chose the marinated meat, as it is more tasty. One plate of marinated 3 layer pork meat and one plate of marinated chicken. Friend also ordered Budae Jjigae.

We waited for a while, were thinking why they didn't serve us the side dishes. Normally if you dine at Korean restaurant, they will serve you many small side dishes, at least 5 different dishes. After sometime, finally the waiter placed it one by one in front of us. After we finished all of it, the waiter removed and replaced all the side dishes for us again. I have to say their service is good.




I thought we would have to BBQ the pork and chicken meat ourselves. But I was wrong, the worker has barbequed for us and we don't have to make ourselves stinky with the BBQ smoke.  The chicken meat taste good but not exceptionally good like the 3-layer pork meat.




Three of us loved this 3 layer pork very much. The meat is thinly sliced. I observed the way they barbequed it, they were very discreet with the temperature. I saw the worker used a temperature gun to monitor the heat. The pork meat is perfectly well done, neither too hard and too soft. Very juicy.




Budae Jjigae. My friend once had this Budae Jjingae at other Korean restaurant. She said she missed the taste so she ordered this one. The portion is so huge. I wish this is available in Kuching too. The stew gets thicker and more tastier after sometime. We finished it all, very contented. Not too spicy and the ingredients are very generous, hotdogs, fish cakes, bean curbs, kimchi, ramen noodles. Thumbs up!




This is my first time been to Korean Village. After the heavy lunch, we walked around the area. There are a number of Korean mini marts selling assorted products imported from Korea. Quite interesting. My friend bought a toothpaste from one of the Korean marts.  Costs more than RM20 per tube. She was quite shocked when the amount displayed on the cash register screen.


Map to Jal Dae Ji Korean BBQ Restaurant:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...