July 18, 2015

De Pastry Chef @ PV128, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur

Address: Lot 1-7 PV128, Jalan Genting Klang, Setapak, 53300 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-4141 8826


On my birthday, my friend brought me to a cafe located on the first floor at PV128. She looked so excited when telling me how good taste the cakes was. As I walked in the cafe, somehow you can tell the expected price range based on their interior design. They serve variety of cakes and pastries, and you would have good time to browse the chiller and decide which one to have. You might end up ordering at least two types of cake. As the interior design is just too plain and ordinary, so I didn't take any picture except the food and cakes we ordered.

As the venue was booked for birthday party celebration, we had to dine outside of the cafe. We asked if we have to wait long for the food to be served, as the group of guests attended the birthday party was quite large. The girl said it is not affected. The seats outside the cafe also quite limited. Majority of patrons is college students.

We chose two cakes, one Mango Yogurt Cheesecake and one German Cheesecake. Both tastes good, it melts fast. I couldn't finish the German cheese, it tasted awful when it turned not cold.


Mango Yogurt Cheesecake (RM8.00)




German Cheesecake (RM7.50)




We actually took sometime to choose our main dish. As the food variety is really attractive, I was in dilemma to choose between two dishes I would like to have. For drinks, without hesitation, I ordered lemongrass honey (RM5.50). But it was a bad choice. They used teabag, the lemongrass aroma was very light.

My friend had Tempura Fish N Chip (RM11.00). The fish fillet looks so 'dark' in colour. Friend said it tastes alright but not worth to mention.




I had Portuguese Chicken Chop Linguini (RM9.00). Looks yummy, the portion is pretty generous too. First bite was great, the creamy taste was very rich, until the bottom I struggled and stopped taking it when I saw the oil floating on top.




Total bill summed up RM47 (included 6% GST) for two pax. Price very reasonable indeed.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...