November 24, 2015

Sawasdee Thai Restaurant @ Summer Mall, Kota Samarahan

Location: Summer Mall Food Court, Jalan Datuk Mohammad Musa, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sawasdee-Thai-Restaurant-396527080531777/


The other day browsing through my Facebook, someone clicked 'like' a page with some Thai food photos. It caught my attention because the Thai dishes look so authentic, and its location is at Summer Mall in Kota Samarahan... at least not too far to reach. I was hoping to try it as soon as possible.. Finally, my mum came to Kuching not long ago, we got the chance to pay a visit. It took us about 30 minutes ride to get there. I don't think I would be able to make frequent visit due to the long distance.

I tried to order as many signature dishes as I can because I don't know when my next visit will be. Mango sticky rice, pineapple fried rice, tom yam soup, green curry chicken, fried marinated chicken wrapped in pandan leaf, stir-fried kangkong stems, steamed fish with garlic and lime soup.








Their menus














































Mango Sticky Rice as the side dish.




Thai Green Tea and Tea. My mum likes the green tea I ordered for her.




Thai Pineapple fried rice. Taste ok. The portion is slightly small.




Fried marinated chicken wrapped in pandan leaf. Hmm.. doesn't really look appealing.






Stir-fried kangkong stems. This one is special to me, I never seen this in Bangkok. Only the stems, no leaf. But honestly, some are too hard to chew.




Tom yam seafood. I like this soup.




Green curry chicken. This is my favourite among the rest. If I can have it with white rice, would be even better.




The steamed fish with garlic and lime soup. This one looks different from the picture I saw in their Facebook page. They replaced the lime with lemon.  But the fish was fresh, mum enjoyed it very much.




Just realised I didn't try their Phat Thai. We missed out the stir-fried chicken with basil leaf as well. Well, should pay another visit in the future? Total bill summed up around RM120++.  There was another fried rice my bro ordered, as the presentation didn't look attractive (tasted alright) so I didn't snap the picture.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...