August 5, 2017

Li Garden 梨苑酒家 @Hock Lee Centre, Kuching

Address: Hock Lee Centre, L2-11, Jalan Datuk Abang Abdul Rahim, 93450 Kuching, Sarawak
Business Hours: Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 2pm, 6pm - 10pm


Last April, I made a reservation at Li Garden to host my future sister-in-law's family. I asked for an individual room for better privacy since it's important event to meet the parents. The manager told me I need to spend at least RM300 for the room. Hmm, first thought came into my mind, do I look like a cheapskate?

The manager gave me these menus to choose from, rate starts from RM368 - RM1099. I didn't follow the exact dishes. Decided to go for a la carte, we have Hot and Cold Deluxe as starter. Against shark fins, we have Sea Cucumber Soup. Peking Duck is a must as it's their signature dish. Then I also get Crispy Pork Leg as it is one of my dad's favourites. Teo Chew Style Steamed Grouper, this dish will have to order earlier so that they can get the freshest fish for you. My parents are very picky with fish, they forbid frozen fish. Next, we have Braised Sea Cucumber with Broccoli and Shredded Chicken Noodle. After all these dishes, still feeling half full. I ordered an extra dish, Salted Egg and Sweet & Sour Prawns.







The starter, Hot and Cold Deluxe




Braised Sea Cucumber with Broccoli




Peking Duck, served with the pancakes, spring onion, cucumber and sweet bean sauce. They loved it, the portion was not really sufficient to share with 10 pax.






Teo Chew Style Steamed Grouper. The broth was appetizing, luckily with the help of the manager, we could have the fresh grouper.




Crispy Pork Leg 德国猪手. This dish is nice too, every one forked the crispy pork skin.




Salted Egg and Sweet & Sour Prawns. This dish is the most disappointing dish. The prawns were not fresh, the texture was quite slimy. Even though the prawns were not fresh, but the seasoning was quite tasty.




I didn't take snapshot the Sea Cucumber Soup and Shredded Chicken Noodle. Oh yeah, we also have the seasonal fruit platter. The billed amount is quite fair, RM697.80 for 10 pax.

Li Garden is suitable venue to host for birthday party for elderly or full moon occasions. Advise to call them to check on availability (Tel: 082-340 785), just in case they are full house for special occasion.


The map to Li Garden:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...