April 19, 2018

Pork Innards Noodles 猪杂面 @Wah Juan Coffee Shop 華園茶室, Kota Kinabalu

Address: Jalan Lee Thau Sang, Pekan Tanjung Aru, 88100 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Business hours: 8:00am - 10:30am (could be finished earlier if on high demand)


On April fool, I spent a night in KK together with my mum before flying off to Taiwan the next day. We stayed at Pekan Tanjung Aru, passed by this Wah Juan Coffee Shop that I recalled it's the shop I ever visited with my colleagues on company trip in 2010. The pork innards noodles did give me a big impression.

We went there around 8:45am. The shop was packed. Quite a few customers standing waiting to get a seat, and we were one of them. Have to aim and wait patiently for the customers to end their chat and finish their drinks. I don't usually like to visit this sort of shop which requires you to wait for a table. Since I have been wanting to have it again, I insisted to wait.

Finally we got the table. I placed my order with the taukenio instead of the lady staff. The table next to ours placed their order with the staff. They came later than us but the food served earlier than us. Though I was quite unpleased with it but nothing I can do. At least the taukenio still remembered my order.







Roughly waited 20 minutes. Finally we can savour our pork innards noodle. They always serve a bowl of soup along with the noodles. The soup was flavourful. And the chilli sauce also specially formulated, a good match to dip with the pork innards.




The noodle is mushy, similar to our Foochow kampua, it's not chewy type. Guess the elderly will appreciate this kind of noodle. The noodle is not to my liking but I did really enjoy eating the pork innards. It was braised until tenderly soft, easy to chew. The flavour of spices penetrated thoroughly in every piece of the organs.








I thought the long wait would take more than an hour, but 20-30 minutes of waiting time is still acceptable for me (as long as I don't have to wait under the hot sun).


The map to Wah Juan Coffee Shop:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...