December 5, 2017

Fu Rong Pan Mee Kopitiam 芙蓉板面 @MJC, Kuching

Address: AF 101, Ground Floor, Batu Kawa New Township, 93250 Kuching, Sarawak.
Business hours: 6:00am - 1:30pm Wednesday - Monday (Tuesday off)


Pan mee is one of my favourite food. As the soup tastes light with fragrance and sweetness of cangkuk manis (star gooseberry), I never grow bored of this dish. But there are a few vendors used chicken breast meat to replace the pork mince now. The taste was not as great and I don't appreciate the 'modified' version of pan mee. For me, authentic pan mee should have deep-fried anchovies, star gooseberry, pork mince and freshly kneaded noodle. Some of you might like to have egg in soup, but not me. The egg york spoils the original taste of the soup base.

I have read this Fu Rong Pan Mee in FB. Many responded and flooded with compliments. I came here first time with my bro, the vendor told me the waiting time is one hour. It was too long to wait for my bro, so we detoured to other place. On second visit I came here with my mum, bro and his wife-to-be. Phew, luckily it was not as crowded as the first time. We ordered 4 variety of pan mee to try.




They have variety of pan mee menus, dry, soup or fried version.




The husband and wife.




Pan Mee Soup with Add-on Fried Chicken. Not sure the price, should be less than RM8.




Pan Mee Soup, RM5.00.




Fried Chicken Pan Mee, RM6.00.




Fried Pan Mee, RM6.50.




All dishes we ordered are delicious. The fried pan mee is totally out of my expectation. My bro and I liked it very much. The soup is definitely worth our journey from far. Their sambal is quite unique too. It's not overly spicy, goes well with the noodle. If not because of its distance, I guess I don't mind to have pan mee here everyday.


The map to Fu Rong Pan Mee Kopitiam:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...