August 26, 2013

Hoto Noodles from Kawaguchiko, Mount Fuji Japan

Mount Fuji

Mount Fuji is really awesome. We spent a night at Kawaguchiko. Even though we didn't manage to visit all the 5 lakes but we managed to try the local dish called "Hoto Noodles". If you don't know where to have hoto noodles, you can go to The Tourist Centre at Kawaguchiko Station and ask them for recommendation. There is one restaurant named Houtou Fudou, located just opposite Kawaguchiko Station. Their website is here: Houtou Fudou.

MtFuji8

This is the iron plate to hold the iron pot.

Houtou Fudou

The interiors of Houtou Fudou

Houtou Fudou

Houtou Fudou

Houtou Fudou

Hoto Noodle (1,050 yen) in large iron bowl contains pumpkin, taro, onions, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms and flat udon noodles in miso soup. It was indeed a 'huge' portion for me. To my surprise, I finished the whole bowl by myself. I missed it so much.

Houtou Fudou

I don't know what is this called. My mom wanted to have rice and we thought it is rice but it is actually not. Barley instead. My mom liked it though. Price at 1,050 yen too.

Houtou Fudou

If you are going to visit Kawaguchiko, do search for this local dish. It definitely warms up your body in cold weather.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...